Pages

Saturday, May 17, 2014

Bout Of Books Day 5/6 + Breakable Review


Bout of Books

ARRRGGRGRGR i feel so bad!! i stopped updating!!!!

So since i last updated i have finished breakable (and the review is below) and i finished We Were Liars By E. Lockhart.

That puts my total pages read....... 890!! Im going to post the review for We Were  Liaes separate but the review is on its way!

So now on to the review of Breakable!

*********************************************************************************

Breakable
Aimee L. Salter

Goodreads
Published: October 2013
Publisher: Aimee L. Salter
My copy is a.... Paperback, I got as a gift.
Summary: When seventeen-year-old Stacy looks in the mirror she can see and talk to her future self. Stacy's depended on "Older Me" to help her hold onto hope as the effects of relentless bullying, and unrequited love for her best friend Mark threaten to strip away every last piece of her self-belief. 
Then Stacy finds out Older Me is a liar. 
If you can't trust yourself, who can you trust?  (via Goodreads)

I have no idea how i found this book but it got on to my to read list and when i was asked what i wanted for my birthday I went through the list and picked this one. The way the story is told is so amazing, the way that it goes back to the her in the councilors office and the writing is just amazing. 
I won't say what it is but there is a huge twist at the ending that is just perfect.

UGGGG books with twist endings are very hard to review.

The key part that Stacy's art played in the book was very well done. It showed how she perceived everyone other than just saint it outright.

Another thing i liked about the book was that it never have a description of herself. Stacy never described herself for the reader. It contributed to showing what Stacy's self esteem was.

The writing was so beautiful. It was the type of story that really shows the difference between showing and tell. I wish i could put more quotes but that would spoil the book.

Verdict:

Five Stars
This book was so amazing.
I would recommend it to anyone who like books by Laurie Halse Anderson's books

Quotes (spoiler free):

"...I had the womb of silence all to myself and I got lost. I spent so many hours mixing colors, scraping crayon and smudging pencil, my eyes fixed in the short distance. When I'd look up from the paper, my vision blurred." page 153

"What was wrong with me? Why couldn't I be the kick-ass heroine, like in books? Or the strong, noble star of a movie?
Because it hurts." page 264






















No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Images by Freepik