Pages

Monday, May 19, 2014

We Were Liars Review



We Were Liars
E. Lockhart

Published: May 13, 2014
Publisher: Delacorte Press
My copy is a.... Hard back I own. 

Summary: A beautiful and distinguished family.A private island.A brilliant, damaged girl; a passionate, political boy.A group of four friends—the Liars—whose friendship turns destructive.A revolution. An accident. A secret.Lies upon lies.True love.The truth.
This book is so amazing and I have no idea what so ever how to write the review

I’ve been seeing reviews of this book everywhere and I was finally able to get a copy and finish it in less than 12 hours.
 The writing in the book was amazing, but I can’t quote it without spoiling it!! grrrrrr! I did end up writing one quote on my hand and with the intension of taking artsy pictures of it, but then I realized that I wrote it backwards. So hafter much experimenting I got a picture I liked. (in case you didn’t know it’s that one right below this)


While Cadence could easily be stereotyped as a rich girl living off of her parents with out a care in the world yada yada yada. But that is not this book. It is addressed very early on in the book that her family is not perfect and while her problem wasn’t that she didn’t have enough food it also wasn’t that she couldn’t get a advance edition of the iphone 10.42819. Honestly that was one of my favorite parts of the book. The way that she stood up for the fact that while her problem wasn’t poverty it didn’t make it any less of a problem.

And now to describe my reactions to this book using Pirates of The Carribean Gifs fot it is Sunday night and they work fantabulously:

When you first hear about the book/ see people reading it:


When you learn about the island (summer 8 I believe):

Trying to guess the twist ending you know is coming:

When you figure out the twist ending:



Either way my verdict is...

5 stars! 
this book is amazing and a must read for everyone!



No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Images by Freepik