Pages

Wednesday, June 4, 2014

If I Stay...

If I Stay….

Gayle Forman
Published: April 2009
Publisher: Dutton Juvenile
My copy is a… Library book, but I hope to purchase the book soon.
Summary: Just listen, Adam says with a voice that sounds like shrapnel.
I open my eyes wide now.I sit up as much as I can.And I listen.
Stay, he says.
Choices. Seventeen-year-old Mia is faced with some tough ones: Stay true to her first love—music—even if it means losing her boyfriend and leaving her family and friends behind?
Then one February morning Mia goes for a drive with her family, and in an instant, everything changes. Suddenly, all the choices are gone, except one. And it's the only one that matters.
If I Stay is a heartachingly beautiful book about the power of love, the true meaning of family, and the choices we all make. (Via Goodreads)


Okay so haven’t wrote a review in forever but I finally read If I Stay after hearing amazing things about it and holy cow this book is a rival to The Fault In Our Stars in overall emotions and love that grows for the characters.
The book isn’t that long, just over 200 pages with a bigger than average font, but in those 200 pages you fall in love with Mia. You learn her flaws, her likes, her dislikes, her passions, the entire book your praying for her as you read.
One of my favorite parts about Mia was that she had one best friend not one best friends AND all these other super close friends she had Kim who was her best friend and they knew everything about each other and went together like two peas in a pod.  Other than Kim, Mia also has Adam her boyfriend who is a punk rock musician who at first glance (first chapter) seems like he is a complete opposite of Mia and in some ways that’s true but they are very similar. The biggest similarity between them is their shared passion for music.
Mia started playing the cello at a very young age and is now in her senior year she is applying to Julliard`. Her lo fore classical music is opposite of the rest of her family. Her mom and dad were into punk rock and her dad only quit his band when he had she was born.
I don’t know how to really say a ton about this book cause I really don’t want to spoil it because part of what was so great about it was that I had never seen a spoiler anywhere and had never even read the description.

My one word on the subject is this:
This book isn’t sad it’s raw and beautiful.

Rating

5 stars!
Do what ever you have to get this book it is amazing!!

******************************************************************

If that review didn’t convince you I think you’ll especially like this book if you liked…
Wintergirls by Laurie Halse Anderson
Or
The Fault In Our Stars by John Green




No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Images by Freepik