Pages

Thursday, February 20, 2014

Mr. Penumbra’s 24-Hour Book Store









Mr. Penumbra’s 24-Hour Book Store
Robin Sloan

I rarely will read a mystery book and did not pick this book up expecting it to be a mystery book. I was pleasantly surprised. I can remember the last mystery books I read were old Mary Kate and Ashley books I rented from the library. I could always guess the ending but I kept reading them, I think I read everyone my library had. This story was not like that. I could not guess the ending and was happy with the ending it did have. All the various elemnts this book had from the coding, googlers, books, typography, and mystery was brilliantly combined. It reminded me of The Name Of This Book Is Secret by Pseudonymous Bosch. How all the various elements were combined to create one story.

Characters:
Clay: Code, mysteries, learning new things Clay reminded me of a chameleon. He was able to make to in any situation, changed to his surroundings, and experimented…. though I’m not sure what experimenting has to do with chameleons. His ability to connect dots was astounding.

Verdict:
4 stars



No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Images by Freepik