Pages

Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Where She Went

Where She Went
Gayle Foreman

My copy is a... Paperback
Published: April 2011
 Publisher:  Dutton Juvenile 

Summary: It's been three years since Mia walked out of Adam's life.
And three years he's spent wondering why.
When their paths cross again in New York City, Adam and Mia are brought back together for one life-changing night.
Adam finally has the opportunity to ask Mia the questions that have been haunting him. But will a few hours in this magical city be enough to lay their past to rest, for good - or can you really have a second chance at first love?

Note: This is a review for a sequel, so there maybe spoilers for the first book

When I finished If I Stay I freaked NEEDING to know what happens next. I called my local bookstore but they had to order it so with a reigned sigh I ordered it and waited. Then it came in and my mom yelled at me for reading it in less than 4 hours. The beauty of this book is amazing I loved seeing Adams POV and seeing what he thought of Mia, that day, her family, and everything else. It is only hinted at how popular Adam’s band was becoming in If I Stay but I loved seeing how huge they had gotten and how the dynamics had changed over the years.  In If I Stay Adams band was very close but once they become famous the band began to drift apart to the point where it was no longer functional.

The chance of Adam stumbling upon one of Mia’s concerts on his day off reminded me of Just One Day. I love reading books with an aspect of fate, an idea that no matter what happens in life there are certain people you are destined to meet and they will have an impact of some kind on you.

Another aspect I loved about the book was that both Adam and Mia were open to reconnecting despite the fact that they had ended on bad terms and had not talked in many years. It would have been easy for Mia to not want to see Adam because of the connection he has to her family but she welcomed the opportunity to see him. Throughout the majority of the book I feel as if Adam and Mia were trying to find the correct words to tell each other how they feel without showing how much pain the other had caused them.

Verdict

4 stars this book was the perfect follow up/ending to If I Stay

Quotes:
“…You’ve obviously got your theory so don’t let the truth get in the way”  -Pg. 18

“Vanessa mock shudders the way you do when you talk about someone’s misfortunes that have nothing to do with you, that don’t touch you, and never will”

- Pg. 21

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Images by Freepik