Pages

Monday, May 12, 2014

Read-A-Thon- Day 1 + Ask Again Later Review

Bout of Books

Yahoooooo!!!! the read-a-thon has started!!!!! 
Today i started and finished Ask Again Later by Liz Cuzaks which has been on my to-read list since forever! My local library didn't have and neither did my local book store but i finally got it for my birthday! So far i have read 322 of 1363 pages! if you scroll down you can find the review for the book. But above that is todays Read-A-Thon Challenge!

The challenge for today is........ If you like _____ try _____. 

so heres a list i am thinking of as I type.....

If you like John Green try Laurie Halse Anderson

If you like Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell try Roomies by Sara Zarr and Tara Altebrando

If you like Finally by Wendy Mass try Also Known As by Robin Benway

If you like Divergent by Veronica Roth try The Selection by Kiera Cass

If you like Jennifer E. Smith try Between The Lines by Samantha Van Leer and Jodi Picult

Okay thats all i can think of but make sure to check some of these out! some of the books listed above are some of my favorites and they don't get nearly enough credit!

*********************************************************************************


Ask Again Later
Liz Czuaks

Publisher: Harper Teen
Published: March 11, 2014
My copy is a.... Paperback I own.
 Summary: Despite what her name might suggest, Heart has zero interest in complicated romance. So when her brilliant plan to go to prom with a group of friends is disrupted by two surprise invites, Heart knows there's only one drama-free solution: flip a coin. 
Heads: The jock. He might spend all night staring at his ex or throw up in the limo, but how bad can her brother's best friend really be? 
Tails: The theater geek...with a secret. What could be better than a guy who shares all Heart's interests--even if he wants to share all his feelings? 
Heart's simple coin flip has somehow given her the chance to live out both dates. But where her prom night ends up might be the most surprising thing of all... (Via Goodreads)

This book has been on my To-Read list since I read the description back in March. Books with an aspect of fate/ split time lines/ etc. always interest me which is one of the reasons I was super excited for this book; not to mention it sounded hilarious.

1)    Humor: Soooooooooooooo many parts in this book were laugh out loud funny. I was cracking up laughing, not to mention all the jokes I got about the title (ex: “hey what are you reading?” “Ask Again Later” “ Okay, ill ask later.” Aren’t high school boys so creative?). Beside from the bad jokes/puns this book had humor in itself that I absolutely loved. One of my favorite parts was the chapter title, each was a mini description for that chapter and each was hilarious.

2)    Time Split: Splitting time can be hard and it is hard to get right. However one thing I think is needed is for each split to be different enough from the other and for there to be “BOOM! time line splits here” moment. This book was missing both these things. On her date with Ryan X would occur then on her date with Troy X happens in a slightly different way or it is implied X happned on both dates and goes from that point on. I hoped there had been more of a split between the two so that there really was a difference.

3)    Love: The romance in this book was so cute! I can’t say what happens because of spoilers but it is adorable. The fact that it all takes place on prom night makes it even cuter. As far as choosing a prom date I think Ryan sounds waayyyyy better.

Verdict:


4 stars!!!

Defiantly a good hilarious read, perfect for fans of Robin Benway.

1 comment:

  1. hmmm. me thinks the prom with TWO dates sounds compliated and confusing-

    ReplyDelete

 
Images by Freepik